Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Apex Fusion Update Released Today

Frequent Contributor

Cool Major Apex Fusion Update Released Today

A brand new release of Apex Fusion was pushed out to the servers today.

We are continuing to give our customers added value and delivering some great advancements in this new release. Everything from ways to share your lighting and pump wizard set ups to more data available on the graphing engine to a faster overall interface.

Lots of good stuff in here that I will soon do some new videos on.

There is nothing you need to do or download. It should all be there on your next access. Of course most all of the features in this release will work on both the new Apex as well as the Apex Classic.

Here is a copy of the release notes:

• Input Log View - The input log view, accessed from the dashboard icon or the Input Log item in the Apex menu, has been enhanced to make analysis and correlation of aquarium events easier; the range of dates available in this view has also been substantially increased.

For details, refer to the help information available via the icon in the input log view.

• Lighting Wizard - A number of usability enhancements have been made to the lighting wizard, including representative color swatches in the preset color selection menu and the ability to easily select a color already used by another color point.

Additionally, the 'Sunrise' color preset has been removed. This preset was a synonym for the '14K' preset; having two identical presets has been a constant source of confusion.

• Radion G4 Pro - Support for the Radion G4 Pro's two additional color channels has been added to the lighting wizard and to traditional profiles.

Note that updated Apex firmware is required to use the new channels.

• Wizard Schemes / Sharing - The various wizard views now allow a complete 24-hour scheme to be saved for later reuse; schemes may be saved privately, for your own use, or shared publicly, for others to discover and use.

Scheme support is available in the following wizards:

- DŌS
      - Lighting
      - Serial (VDM-AI/Zetlight)
      - Variable Speed
      - Vortech
      - WAV

Within a wizard, use the Save Scheme icon to save or share a scheme, and the Download Scheme icon to discover and apply schemes.

• Dashboard - When the unused tile bin contained a large number of tiles, some of the tiles could become invisible. All tiles in the unused bin should now be visible.

If you like what you see, give a shout out here to all our software engineers that put a ton of time and effort into expanding your Apex capabilities.

Former User
    Hi Terence great to see improvements but I dont see any reference to the modifications for the WAV pumps to help reduce to the flow so they are suitable for use in smaller aquariums. What is the update on this please.

Former User
    Should have said cant find the firmware update for the Classic on your website. Can you provide a link please.

Frequent Contributor

Major Apex Fusion Update Released Today

Quote Originally Posted by mlandscape View Post
    Should have said cant find the firmware update for the Classic on your website. Can you provide a link please.
    This is NOT a firmware announcement, this is an Apex Fusion (cloud service) announcement. Apex Classic should see a firmware update next month. I do not know at this time what changes/fixes will be in that release.

Former User
    My mistake and thanks for pointing me in the right direction and for the info on the firmware updates.

Regular Vistor
    I'm excited by the improvements - especially the charting. Unfortunately it seems to be behaving oddly.
    How do I add a second chart to the page? And how do I save the chart selection? The first time I clicked the charts button, I was prompted with an empty page and a dialog box asking me to pick my chart. Assuming I need to set it up the first time, I picked ORP. This worked great in that the ORP chart was added. Now I can't see any way to add more charts. I can change the 1 chart's data and compare to other data, but can't add more. Is this not possible anymore?
    And when I went back to the dashboard and back to the charts, it had me pick my source chart again.
    Also, please allow the viewing of more data than 1 week. The chart period slider is great, but still does not update fast enough to drag through months of data looking for patterns.
    Thanks.
    Doug

Regular Vistor
    Another observation: Since I measure most parameters once per week, I can only get one data point to overlay on the data log chart (since I'm limited to a 1 week view) - and thus don't get any trend lines.
    What I'd really like to see is the measurements charts combined with the data log charts. For measurement charts I can see all of the data I've ever entered, compared to other data - but I can't compare this to data log. In the data log charts, I can only see one week, and can't really see my measurements overlaid in any useful way.

Also, I don't get any watt/amp/volt readings for my powerbar (new apex) on the dashboard. It's just a blank yellow box.

Good stuff. Still playing with it...! Glad the missing tiles is fixed ;-)

New User
    Really not a fan of the new charting. Sure they're more detailed, but the interface is now clumsier, and you can only see a single primary parameter at a time. You can still overlay other parameters to visualize interactions, but that was already possible in the prior interface. What's lost seems to be the ability to see multiple plots at once, and the ability to just open the charting page to see all of the inputs plotted at once. It's not like the performance of that was poor, and it certainly gave me a much more thorough overview at once. Now I'm guaranteed to have to set up even the first chart I want to look at with several clicks, whereas before for 90% of my needs, just opening the chart page showed me everything. That's a step backwards in my opinion, for the sake of adding some rudimentary statistics, which is far less helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpayne View Post
    Really not a fan of the new charting. Sure they're more detailed, but the interface is now clumsier, and you can only see a single primary parameter at a time. You can still overlay other parameters to visualize interactions, but that was already possible in the prior interface. What's lost seems to be the ability to see multiple plots at once, and the ability to just open the charting page to see all of the inputs plotted at once. It's not like the performance of that was poor, and it certainly gave me a much more thorough overview at once. Now I'm guaranteed to have to set up even the first chart I want to look at with several clicks, whereas before for 90% of my needs, just opening the chart page showed me everything. That's a step backwards in my opinion, for the sake of adding some rudimentary statistics, which is far less helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree, trying to look at my systems this morning - previously one click per system and I could see what I needed to see for temp, ph, amp draw on multiple eb-8s and so on. Now I have to spend ten times the amount of time to see my info and compare through the last 7 days. I'd actually rather look at my cell phone app now, but that only shows the last 24 hours. The ability to create a custom chart with multiple inputs would be nice - basically I'd be choosing items that were taken away with this upgrade.

-g
    Last edited by gcrawford; 10-26-2016 at 05:36. Reason: Mis-spelled word

Regular Vistor
    Not liking the change to charts, where (unless I'm missing something) I can no longer see multiple charts in one view. Boo.

Regular Vistor
    I'm a daily user of Tableau Software and thought - after reading the comments - that I would be disappointed with the new charting controls, but I actually really like them! I never found myself getting crazy analytical with the charts, so I don't want to discount the other other feedback from users that likely used the functionality a bit more than I do. But I, for one, kinda like the change. What I'm REALLY excited about is the ability to share and access others' shared schemes! I really hope the community takes advantage of this enhancement. Thanks to all for your continued development efforts.

Frequent Visitor
    i still have the full apex (black Box), and have a couple of g4 pro radions, you state that there is nothing to do to get the update, but then you say that it needs an update to get all 8 channels on the radions to work, where can i get this update?, or maybe i misunderstood, thanks

Mario

Frequent Contributor
    I can understand your confusion.

Basically it's like this. There is software that runs on your device (firmware). At this point it and the firmware in your WXM module (assuming you have one) at this point do not even know what a Radion G4-pro is until you update that firmware with the latest. (Just released for the New Apex, next month for the Apex Classic)

The second kind of software is the kind that resides on our servers in the cloud and communicates to your Apex. This is called Apex Fusion. When it is updated, it just is - nothing for customers to do except maybe refresh a page.

Now, in order for you to control your G4-Pros, you need all of those pieces of software to have that capability. What was announced above is that this capability was added to the Apex Fusion side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks for clearing that up Terence. I too recently purchased G4 Pro and a WXM module controlled by an Apex Jr. and here I am tinkering for 2 days straight trying to get the extra 2 channels to show up.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by larryl View Post
    Not liking the change to charts, where (unless I'm missing something) I can no longer see multiple charts in one view. Boo.
    There is a compare button the right?

Regular Vistor

Major Apex Fusion Update Released Today

The Chart function of the new Fusion update appears to be a step backward in convenience to users. I may be missing something, but I cannot seem to find a way to save a newly created chart configuration for later viewing. I appear one must start over each time with the Chart function-very annoying. I cannot see why you would move away from the convenience of instant multi-chart function.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyenv View Post
    There is a compare button the right?
    Yes, but that will overlay all the charts you select on top of each other, which gets really messy if they are different types because the units are different (e.g. temp and pH). I used it find it really informative to scan down the list of all the temp and pH charts to get an immediate overall idea of how things were looking. Now you have to manually select each chart one after the other to look at them.

Frequent Visitor
    What about documentation for Fusion?

Do I start with the original manual, from before May 2014, and read about all the changes, by the way where would I find that, and keep track of all the stuff that I read that no longer applies until I have the documentation in my mind?

I went to Fusion and went to the Help area and got the Fusion Guide. It made no mention of the latest changes, or any other changes made after May 2014.

Regular Vistor
    Terence can we please get an update that allows one time dosing for the DOS? For example if I measure my Alk and its 0.5dKh low from where I want, it would be nice to be able to just type in "add 100ml over the next 180 mins" where amount and duration are configurable without having to change my daily dosing schedule.

Frequent Visitor
    any updates for old (black case) full apex yet?, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanababit View Post
    any updates for old (black case) full apex yet?, thanks
    All of the updates listed in the first post apply to all Apex models.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    All of the updates listed in the first post apply to all Apex models.
    Thanks so Old Apex will be able to control the new 2 channels on the Radion Gen4? Was still showing 6 instead of 8 a while ago.

Frequent Contributor
    Yes. But not until a firmware update releasing later this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Come on firmware update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast