Thread: DOS Missing Dose on AWC

Regular Vistor

DOS Missing Dose on AWC

I've been running my AWC for a couple months and it's been mostly fine. Both sides are set to add. Lately, my DOS has been missing its last dose on the right side each morning. How crucial is it that one side is set to remove when using as AWC? I'd rather not have to redo my tubing.

The main difference between add vs remove is that the heads run at the same time when one is remove and are offset when both are add. If the volumes are small enough this makes no difference but large volumes can lead to ATO filling on the drain portion and slowly lower your salinity over time.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The main difference between add vs remove is that the heads run at the same time when one is remove and are offset when both are add. If the volumes are small enough this makes no difference but large volumes can lead to ATO filling on the drain portion and slowly lower your salinity over time.

So there would be no correlation between my DOS missing the last dose on the right side and both not running at the same time? If so, I may need to contact APEX on this one.

No. It shouldn't miss any doses. Might be a firmware problem though (there was an issue with that about 2 years ago). Try updating and see if that resolves it.

The main difference between add vs remove is that the heads run at the same time when one is remove and are offset when both are add.
    This is not correct. The difference between ADD and REMOVE is that the pump rotates in the clockwise direction for ADD and counter-clockwise for REMOVE... period. Any concurrency of pump operation or offset in operation between pumps during AWC is solely dependent on the programmed schedule and has nothing to do with the Add/Remove setting.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This is not correct. The difference between ADD and REMOVE is that the pump rotates in the clockwise direction for ADD and counter-clockwise for REMOVE... period. Any concurrency of pump operation or offset in operation between pumps during AWC is solely dependent on the programmed schedule and has nothing to do with the Add/Remove setting.
    Was this a recent change? When I broke down my 125 identical programming with one add and one remove dosed identically and with both add, they happened sequentially.

Was this a recent change?
    This has not changed, and I’ve had 2 DOS since they first shipped. I just verified it to still be the case. Pumps operate concurrently in Add/Add, Remove/Remove, or Add/Remove when driven by otherwise identical programming.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yup both mine are Add/Add and they run simultaneously.