Thread: Not using DDR - will the DOS show remaining fluid amounts?

Regular Vistor

Not using DDR - will the DOS show remaining fluid amounts?

I have my own containers that hold 2000ml (not DDR), if I instruct the DOS to dose 50ml per day, will the remaining amount in my containers (1950ml) be shown in Fusion?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    Its shown in the DOS config but Neptune prevents you from doing anything or displaying the value unless you buy the DDR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    The window that shows the Container graphic only appears when a DDR is plugged in.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the replies.

That really sucks, I'm sure many of us have our own containers and/or larger than DDR container requirements. The GHL Doser displays remaining liquids in it's app, it's a simple calculation after all, shame about Neptune.

Regular Vistor
    I'm interested in this too. I have my dos hooked up to a 55 gallon nsw container and would love to get a level indication on it. It looks like the ddr tile can go to 150000ml which is about 40gal. So close...

Any ideas on how I could simulate the ddr with a plug in the dos so the tile activates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    You can do it by hooking up optical sensors. Read this and see my last posts, #124 and #126. I have the Apex reading a max of 151,400 ml (40 gal). These sensors can be used in your AWC container or for something else if you already have hi/low indicators for those. The optical sensors show up as a switch and are independent of the volume indicator tile.

New User
    Bump

New User
    You can set the volume by going into the module and selecting configure. Then tap on refill. The amount remaining or used will show when you go back into this screen but it won't show on the main dashboard. I used it so I know if my KALK is close to exhausted by the total amount of Top Off has been dispensed. A little cumbersome but you can do it.

Regular Vistor
    I didn't know this, makes it more useful than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkapit View Post
    You can set the volume by going into the module and selecting configure. Then tap on refill. The amount remaining or used will show when you go back into this screen but it won't show on the main dashboard. I used it so I know if my KALK is close to exhausted by the total amount of Top Off has been dispensed. A little cumbersome but you can do it.

Frequent Visitor
    Still requires a DOS pump which I think is an unnecessary restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    Still requires a DOS pump which I think is an unnecessary restriction.
    That's not an unnecessary restriction. Anything other than a peristaltic pump would be beyond the technical skill of anybody that doesn't thoroughly understand fluid mechanics and even then would be inaccurate.

The unnecessary restriction was back when it released and it wouldn't work without a DDR and they didn't sell standalone optical sensors to "trick it".

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That's not an unnecessary restriction. Anything other than a peristaltic pump would be beyond the technical skill of anybody that doesn't thoroughly understand fluid mechanics and even then would be inaccurate.

The unnecessary restriction was back when it released and it wouldn't work without a DDR and they didn't sell standalone optical sensors to "trick it".

This still should be an option at the user's risk. If I can use a peristaltic pump, calibrate the capacity, and control it via Apex, there is no reason I cannot have Fusion approximate volumes. The fact that some one can mis-use this feature is not a reason to exclude it.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    This still should be an option at the user's risk. If I can use a peristaltic pump, calibrate the capacity, and control it via Apex, there is no reason I cannot have Fusion approximate volumes. The fact that some one can mis-use this feature is not a reason to exclude it.
    There could be technical challenges to why it wasn't included as an extra user interface too. I don't know how the details work, but it's possible the algorithm that determines amount used is calculated inside the dos itself and reported back to the apex for just a subtraction. I agree it would be a nice feature for those with peristaltic pumps, but I wouldn't label it an unnecessary restriction without knowing the details.