Thread: Power brick blinking green ...

New User

Power brick blinking green ...

All of a sudden I noticed my Wav pumps stopped working. Then I noticed that the power supply feeding them is blinking green. What is the problem / solution?

Frequent Visitor
    I just came on to ask about the same thing. I noticed this few days ago. I went ahead and ordered a brand new 1link power supply and I just hooked it up and it does the same thing. I've noticed that it will run 1 WAV fine but if a second one is plugged in it all stops working. I've checked the voltage and I'm getting 24 volts so I don't know what the heck is going on. I'd hate to order a new 1link module and it be some sorta bug in fusion. Hopefully someone can address this.

Does the second pump operate if connected by itself? Narrow it down...

Issues like this probably warrant a tech support case. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Does the second pump operate if connected by itself? Narrow it down...

Issues like this probably warrant a tech support case. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

No matter which combination of pumps are plugged in or not, the only time the power supply turns solid green is when I reset the module and pumps and have everything unplugged. I plug in the pump controller and it stays green . As soon as I plug in any one of the pumps it starts blinking immediately.and never a pump shall turn...

New User
    Hi. I'm having the same issue but with only one pump, whichever port i use left or right when i connect the one pump it starts blinking (power supply).
    when i disconnect and try the other pump on either port works o.k. and stays solid green on power supply.
    I'm thinking a shorted pump.
    Can anybody confirm if that's the symptom with a shorted pump.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Contact tech support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Contact tech support.
    Thanks for the quick response. I opened a support ticket.

New User
    This issue just started with my WAV power supply tonight. I will open a support ticket, but any info on a solution?

New User
    Possible bad pump. If you disconnect both pumps from 1link module green light should stop blinking. plug in 1 pump at a time to find out which pump is shorted out. this is what happened in my case, had a bad pump. was not repairable, bought a new pump due to over a year old.
    Good Luck.

New User
    I've also got the same issue - the problem is that either WAV connected causes it. Either I have 2 bad WAV's or it's something else. It's out of warranty so either I buy replacement parts one by one or I bin them . Not really impressed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by kw1816 View Post
    I've also got the same issue - the problem is that either WAV connected causes it.
    Contact tech support.

New User
    Contact tech support.
    Thanks Russ, I already have . To be fair, as the WAVs are out of warranty I'm not expecting, or feel entitled to, much. I was more hoping that the community would be able to point me in the right direction - I'm quite expecting to have to pay to replace one or more components, the question is, which component ?? Although not impossible, I'd be surprised if both WAVs failed at the same time - which leaves me to replace either the 1link unit or the power supply, or both (at a cost of £200/$250 -yes, that's what we pay in the UK!) with no guarantee of a fix, or buy a single WAV head for £270 ($345) to prove the PSU and 1 link unit are fine. As neither option carries a guarantee of success, it could prove to be very expensive test.

For that money, I could be replacing the whole setup with a cheaper alternative. Don't get me wrong, I love my Apex and I've got considerable investment in both time and money in it. But when stuff fails after 18 months use, you do start questioning things.

Kevin.

New User
    Im am too in the same situation, i have opened a ticket but am half expecting the your out of warranty pitch, im curoius on the reply you all got when you raised your tickets was there anything they could do, did you replace with another apex wav or did you go for another brand of powerhead.

New User
    I just had the same issue. One works when I unplug the other. Power supply blinks with both plugged in or the one bad WAV. I need to see when I bought them but based on this thread I am not sure I want to replace one since this seems like an issue with these. I switched from Ecotech and if these are bad after a year that is pretty disappointing. Guess I will be submitting a ticket too.