Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: COR Pump

Pumps are now available for Pre order!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferGil View Post
    Pumps are now available for Pre order!
    ...and they have flow-pressure curves published!

Quote Originally Posted by .stu View Post
    No doubt we will have to wait 6 months to a year after is released in the US before it’s released in the UK ��
    Check when it’s released; these days most electronic power supplies are rated 110-240V, so if you have someone you know stateside that can ship it to you, you theoretically could just put a new plug on the cord and use it as-is. You can also take solace in the fact that your American counterparts will find out if there are any undiscovered issues or bugs in the hardware and software, so you should get a more robust device by the time it gets over there.

Note: Don’t take this for granted - verify the specs of the power supply before doing this. Also recognize that this would may void your warranty.

Guys,
    Does the COR have a flow sensor built in?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSimon View Post
    Guys,
    Does the COR have a flow sensor built in?
    No, a Flow sensor is not built in. I would strongly suggest the addition of an FMM and a flow sensor to maximize programming and safety measures with the Cor. You can see RPM, Temp, and WATTS similar to the WAV tile for the Cor.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Which parts would I need to buy if I want to plumb in my existing 3/4” return hose? I use a 3/4” vinyl hose. I assume a 3/4” pvc hose barb (slip or threaded?) and some other pvc part?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Which parts would I need to buy if I want to plumb in my existing 3/4” return hose? I use a 3/4” vinyl hose. I assume a 3/4” pvc hose barb (slip or threaded?) and some other pvc part?
    At its simplest, you’d use the 1.25” union included with the COR, then use a 1.25 slip X 3/4” threaded PVC reducer (cemented into the union), and a 3/4” barb fitting. I’ve already done this on 2 tanks which are stuck with 3/4” return lines.

But consider changing to larger diameter plumbing up to the tank if you can.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Second the suggestion to up size the return plumbing.

Barbed fittings add a ton of resistance, especially at higher flows. If your vinyl tubing is ¾", you probably have about a ½" opening with the barbed fitting. The restriction will dramatically decrease your flow and/or increase the energy you need to achieve your desired flow. In addition, barbed fittings are among the most prone to leaking and/or coming loose.

Consider using flexible PVC ('ultra flex' is a brand name that is as if not more flexible than vinyl tubing. It will give you more secure connections and much better flow.

Regular Vistor
    I have 1 inch flow sensor that is plumbed in to a 3/4 return line - would it be better for a 1.25 to 1” of the flow sensor then to 3/4” return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    At its simplest, you’d use the 1.25” union included with the COR, then use a 1.25 slip X 3/4” threaded PVC reducer (cemented into the union), and a 3/4” barb fitting. I’ve already done this on 2 tanks which are stuck with 3/4” return lines.

But consider changing to larger diameter plumbing up to the tank if you can.
    Thanks Russ. Could I simply glue this 3/4” pvc insert into the 3/4” slip side of the provided union?

https://www.marinedepot.com/Insert_F...SABEgK6H_D_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Thanks Russ. Could I simply glue this 3/4” pvc insert into the 3/4” slip side of the provided 3/4” fitting?
    Sure - that would work too. What I described was using parts easily found at a local hardware store.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Sure - that would work too. What I described was using parts easily found at a local hardware store.
    Ahh gotcha. Thanks and Merry Xmas!!

Frequent Visitor
    You can actually find parts like those in with the irrigation supplies at many home centers.

Regular Vistor
    Just a quick side thankyou Sleepydoc on calling out the uktraflex pvc. Been trying to use the flex pvc fittings they have at the hardware store, and they dont flex very much. I thought there was something more flexible, but couldnt find the name.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    Second the suggestion to up size the return plumbing.

Barbed fittings add a ton of resistance, especially at higher flows. If your vinyl tubing is ¾", you probably have about a ½" opening with the barbed fitting. The restriction will dramatically decrease your flow and/or increase the energy you need to achieve your desired flow. In addition, barbed fittings are among the most prone to leaking and/or coming loose.

Consider using flexible PVC ('ultra flex' is a brand name that is as if not more flexible than vinyl tubing. It will give you more secure connections and much better flow.
    I'll look into this. Thanks for the suggestions and Merry Xmas!

Frequent Visitor
    Is the COR-20 able to detect low water level in the sump return pump section and shut itself down?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    Is the COR-20 able to detect low water level in the sump return pump section and shut itself down?
    If not I would think you could use an optical sensor to shut it down if the water level in your sump gets low.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

COR Pump

Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    The pump will detect when its running out of water "Dry Run" and shut itself off. It wont however stop before this point unless you use a sensor positioned above the intake.

Ive actually created what I think is a cool contraption by removing the float on the ATK and replacing it with another optical sensor. I flipped the entire bracket upside down so that the usual top off water level sensors are now at the top and the float valve sensor is at the bottom. I reprogrammed the top two to act as my ATO and the bottom sensor to be my Cor slow sensor. Now if the water level ever drops really low the Cors speed slows way down but still continues to run. This works great for my tank as my tank uses a siphon overflow and the water level is constantly in flux until the siphons fully restart. During this period its possible for my pump to suck air if its pushing more water than the overflows are draining. If its gets close my Cor slows and its gives the siphon a few seconds to a minute before the Cor ramps back up to 100% power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COR Pump

Yep, I am on the bandwagon for one as well. The beta testing on this pump was a long time. I stay away from generation 1 on most items, Neptune, though, I'm all in.
    Punctuation, spell checking and proper use of grammar will get you the answers you are looking for.

Regular Vistor
    I have two Wav pumps connected to my EB832. Will I be able to connect a COR-15 as well?

Frequent Visitor
    The 24V power supply in the EB832 is rated for 100W, so that is the maximum combined power you can draw for both the DC24 ports and the 1Link ports. I think the WAV pumps are peak 35W a piece, so it depends on how fast you are running things.

Yeah. It's pushing It, but as long as you aren't at 100% for everything you should be fine. Even at 100% for everything simultaneously it would still be okay as long as it's no more than a couple hours a day.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Has anyone pre-ordered a COR and if so did you receive any kind of expected ship date? I pre-ordered (put me on the list for for a COR-20) through my LFS and was told they have no expected ship date. They didn't take any deposit since they had no ship date, just promised me a pump from the first shipment.

Pre ordered mine through BRS. No expected date, but they did take my $.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Has anyone pre-ordered a COR and if so did you receive any kind of expected ship date? I pre-ordered (put me on the list for for a COR-20) through my LFS and was told they have no expected ship date. They didn't take any deposit since they had no ship date, just promised me a pump from the first shipment.
    I saw this posted on another forum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast