Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cor 20 One inch Plumbing

Frequent Visitor

Cor 20 One inch Plumbing

I'm confused about how to connect the Cor 20 with my existing one inch pvc pipe.
    What would be the best way? The output from what I understand is . 75"? Is this correct? Which fittings do I use

The output of the COR is 1.25", not 3/4".

Use the included 1.25" union, and a 1.25" to 1" reducer fitting.

2018-01-30 09.01.23.jpg
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The output of the COR is 1.25", not 3/4".

Use the included 1.25" union, and a 1.25" to 1" reducer fitting.

2018-01-30 09.01.23.jpg
    Thanks that helps! I don't understand why Neptune didn't do normal one inch fittings like other pumps. Makes my life harder as I keep a spare pump for when the main needs cleaning. I usually just switch them out very quickly. Now I'm going to have to have two different pipe connections!

Frequent Contributor
    The COR-20 uses 3/4” output standard, 1.25” with our unique union. Other similar-sized pumps like the Ecotech Vectra M1 and others use 3/4”. When you move up to a larger pump, those use 1” output.

If you put another union in there then you can have a set up that will work for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    My problem is I have the 1" flow meter that the pump output goes to now . I want to keep the exact piping for other pumps for cleaning exchange. If I use your 1.25 union and reduce it to the 1inch as suggested I need to attach it to the 1 inch flow meter which doesn't use the same diameter as Home Depot 1 inch unions.
    How can I get another 1 inch union that fits the flow meter?

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    Yea I found that out but $25 bucks a piece. What a rip off! Plus since I'm in NJ it's a waiting a full week for shipping!

Frequent Visitor
    I hear you.

Wonder if at some point BRS will start carrying fittings and adapters for the BSPP threads.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by marksw View Post
    Yea I found that out but $25 bucks a piece. What a rip off! Plus since I'm in NJ it's a waiting a full week for shipping!
    You should check out what Spears wants for the same Union.

It is not easy to find a union that has standard US slip fittings on one side, and BSPP or BSPT on the other side. Don’t ask how I know

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    You should check out what Spears wants for the same Union.

It is not easy to find a union that has standard US slip fittings on one side, and BSPP or BSPT on the other side. Don’t ask how I know
    I'm not sure what even to look for. Can you point me in the right direction? Maybe an Amazon link?
    This to me is confusing. Why things can't be easier? I thought it would be a simple process just flipping out my old pump with the Cor!

Frequent Visitor
    Unfortunately you're not going to find it on Amazon. It is a specialty BSPP to 1-1/4" NPT fitting.

FYI... if I did in fact find the correct one from Spears, it's MSRP is $50.00!

Frequent Visitor
    Unfortunately you're not going to find it on Amazon. It is a specialty BSPP to 1-1/4" NPT fitting.

FYI... if I did in fact find the correct one from Spears, it's MSRP is $50.00!
    Well I actually don't need the entire union I just need the female side. So would that be the BSPP side?
    If so then I could just get a BSPP union..... correct?

Frequent Visitor
    For clarification:
    Both sides of the unions that come with the COR or Flowmeter are female.
    COR Fitting: (A)1-1/4 BSPP to (B)1-1/4" Slip
    1" Flow Meter (C)1" BSPP to (D)1" Slip.

Which fitting (A-D) are you looking for.

Just be advised, on a union, the threaded collar ring that you tighten to connect the two sides together, could be different in diameter and thread size/pitch from different manufactures.

Frequent Visitor
    For clarification:
    Both sides of the unions that come with the COR or Flowmeter are female.
    COR Fitting: (A)1-1/4 BSPP to (B)1-1/4" Slip
    1" Flow Meter (C)1" BSPP to (D)1" Slip.

Which fitting (A-D) are you looking for.

Just be advised, on a union, the threaded collar ring that you tighten to connect the two sides together, could be different in diameter and thread size/pitch from different manufactures.
    Thanks for your help. I'm going to try a different way then.

Frequent Contributor
    I'm not sure what even to look for. Can you point me in the right direction? Maybe an Amazon link?
    This to me is confusing. Why things can't be easier? I thought it would be a simple process just flipping out my old pump with the Cor!
    You will not find it on Amazon, and as I said, it is about a $50 part. Changing out a pump is usually never a drop-in experience. There are exceptions - the COR is a drop-in replacement for Vectra M1 and Deepwater DC-8. It was designed that way intentionally. Most people that want to hot-swap pumps almost always do so with an identical back up pump. Making an adapter link up with a union is the best option for your situation.

Frequent Visitor
    Terence,

Just wondering why Neptune Systems likes torture the US users with BSPP threads?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    Terence,

Just wondering why Neptune Systems likes torture the US users with BSPP threads?
    Agreed!!

I finally did do it with cutting the existing pipe and adding a union however of course by adding the union caused the existing pipe to be too tall so that I was forced to cut it down somewhat. Overall it works but it will probably cause me some headaches down the road when I do have to swap out the pump for cleaning.

NSI Member
    Agreed!!

I finally did do it with cutting the existing pipe and adding a union however of course by adding the union caused the existing pipe to be too tall so that I was forced to cut it down somewhat. Overall it works but it will probably cause me some headaches down the road when I do have to swap out the pump for cleaning.
    I had a similar issue with my cor 15 - like you said being taller. However, it won't be a issue and it was easy to plumb in. In fact I'll be buying a second cor 15 for my skimmer. Perfect hot swap in case of an emergency or maintenance

Frequent Visitor
    Looks like 1.25 BSPT will not work either. Seems it must be BSPP for the output side of the COR. Sigh.....

EDIT: The 1.25 BSPT to 1.25 Slip adapter will twist on about halfway and then stop.

Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    Looks like 1.25 BSPT will not work either. Seems it must be BSPP for the output side of the COR. Sigh.....

EDIT: The 1.25 BSPT to 1.25 Slip adapter will twist on about halfway and then stop.
    FWIW, the threads are identified as being BSPP in both of the COR user guides:

Capture.PNG

It's also mentioned in the bottom section of the COR-15 & COR-20 product pages on www.neptunesystems.com.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    FWIW, the threads are identified as being BSPP in both of the COR user guides:
    It's also mentioned in the bottom section of the COR-15 & COR-20 product pages on www.neptunesystems.com.
    No worries. Had already noticed BSPP discussions around the internet. Been on vacation and just took it out of the box to admire. Played with a few pieces of plumbing I have around the house and added what I noticed to the community. Documentation looks just fine -- it does not change the dilemma of sourcing stuff from China. No complaints, it is what it is. BSPP components are even more difficult to get ones hands on than BSPT and their differences are not well explained on most sites (tapered vs parallel threads). I am sure everyone will figure out how to make it work with their setups.

The supplied "special" union is simply too big (vertically) for my plumbing. My current pump is a Varios8 (will be the new backup if I am lucky) and my backup is a Jebao DC-9000. They are both BSPT 1.5". So I have:

1.5" BSPT to 1.5" Slip adapter --> 1.5" to 1" reducer --> small piece of 1" red PVC --> body side of a 1" union.

I WILL NOT connect the COR upwards from 3/4.

I have 9 inches to play with, to insert the body side of the union into the existing nut side of the union that connects any return pump to my plumbing. So in summary, no matter what components I use to resolve the problem, from the feet of the pump to the top of the body side of the 1" union must be 9 inches.

My sump and plumbing is (IMHO) artwork in itself and similar to what you see in the Vertex Sump.

I hope I can source the right piece, otherwise I will have to lose the COR (and thus the integration). The Varios8 is silent, powerful, and simply an incredible pump, so this is a good problem to have.....

EDIT: It seems as though the Vectra M1 is BSPP also. I would imagine then these may work:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vectr...ch-marine.html

Will send a message to BRS and report back.....

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by wwanthony View Post
    No worries. Had already noticed BSPP discussions around the internet. Been on vacation and just took it out of the box to admire. Played with a few pieces of plumbing I have around the house and added what I noticed to the community. Documentation looks just fine -- it does not change the dilemma of sourcing stuff from China. No complaints, it is what it is. BSPP components are even more difficult to get ones hands on than BSPT and their differences are not well explained on most sites (tapered vs parallel threads). I am sure everyone will figure out how to make it work with their setups.

The supplied "special" union is simply too big (vertically) for my plumbing. My current pump is a Varios8 (will be the new backup if I am lucky) and my backup is a Jebao DC-9000. They are both BSPT 1.5". So I have:

1.5" BSPT to 1.5" Slip adapter --> 1.5" to 1" reducer --> small piece of 1" red PVC --> body side of a 1" union.

I WILL NOT connect the COR upwards from 3/4.

I have 9 inches to play with, to insert the body side of the union into the existing nut side of the union that connects any return pump to my plumbing. So in summary, no matter what components I use to resolve the problem, from the feet of the pump to the top of the body side of the 1" union must be 9 inches.

My sump and plumbing is (IMHO) artwork in itself and similar to what you see in the Vertex Sump.

I hope I can source the right piece, otherwise I will have to lose the COR (and thus the integration). The Varios8 is silent, powerful, and simply an incredible pump, so this is a good problem to have.....

EDIT: It seems as though the Vectra M1 is BSPP also. I would imagine then these may work:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vectr...ch-marine.html

Will send a message to BRS and report back.....
    FYI. I just heard back from BRS and the Vectra adapters are BSPP (non tapered).

Also. This item MAY be useful for some:

https://store2.ecotechmarine.com/col...arb-screen-kit

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks... good to know!

Frequent Visitor
    Try Harrington supply for Spears fittings or any fitting infact. Sometimes buying directly is more expensive than buying from a vendor.
    i have one local to me but they are all over the USA

Frequent Visitor
    Did anyone find the Unions that would work? I am in need of 2 of them. At this point if they are 50 dollars, I don't care, just need to get my pumps up, but I have not been able to find them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast