Thread: EB8 keeps shutting down

Regular Vistor

EB8 keeps shutting down

I recently added a second EB8 to my Apex system. It ran fine for about 3 days. During that time, the amperage it reported would bounce around by about 1-2 amps around the real amperage. I don't know if this was caused by the three new jebao DCT pumps or not. Anyway it has started basically turning everything off every few hours. I could get it reset by cycling the power to that EB8. Last night it did it again and doesn't seem to be functional at all. In addition I had to also reboot my base module to get the rest of my system working and reading right again.

Any ideas? Do I just have a defective EB8? My other one has been rock solid for 5 years

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by drdna View Post
    I recently added a second EB8 to my Apex system. It ran fine for about 3 days. During that time, the amperage it reported would bounce around by about 1-2 amps around the real amperage. I don't know if this was caused by the three new jebao DCT pumps or not. Anyway it has started basically turning everything off every few hours. I could get it reset by cycling the power to that EB8. Last night it did it again and doesn't seem to be functional at all. In addition I had to also reboot my base module to get the rest of my system working and reading right again.

Any ideas? Do I just have a defective EB8? My other one has been rock solid for 5 years

Sounds suspect. What all are you running of the new EB8? Is the breaker (button) tripping on the unit or just loosing power? What you are describing is not normal. You may want to create a support ticket with Neptune as they do not provide technical support through this forum.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    Sounds suspect. What all are you running of the new EB8? Is the breaker (button) tripping on the unit or just loosing power? What you are describing is not normal. You may want to create a support ticket with Neptune as they do not provide technical support through this forum.
    The breaker doesn't seem to be tripping. It just shuts down. I'm running 800w of heaters, 4 halo leds, turf scrubber lights, and three jebao DCT pumps. The heaters are run off the 10A relay outlet (#4 I think). I might just contact neptune directly

Regular Vistor
    The breaker doesn't seem to be tripping. It just shuts down. I'm running 800w of heaters, 4 halo leds, turf scrubber lights, and three jebao DCT pumps. The heaters are run off the 10A relay outlet (#4 I think). I might just contact neptune directly

I just posted the exact same issue. Hoping to find explanation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Hi Jon, I found that my issue was caused by having the DHCP set to OFF. We turn our Wi-Fi router off at night and it seemed like the apex would freak out when it lost connectivity. Changing the DHCP to On seemed to fix my problem. Good luck!

Regular Vistor
    Thanks I appreciate your feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi Jon, I found that my issue was caused by having the DHCP set to OFF. We turn our Wi-Fi router off at night and it seemed like the apex would freak out when it lost connectivity. Changing the DHCP to On seemed to fix my problem. Good luck!

That can only cause issues if you use a static ip (DHCP off) that is a lower number than the number of devices that will autoconnect on a reboot. It is actually preferred to set DHCP on initially to gather the correct settings, Then turn DHCP off, Then set the last octet of the ip address to a large number that's easy to remember (like 123, 111, 222, etc.) This ensures you will never have problems on a reboot with connectivity and allows you additional features like port forwarding if you choose to use them.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That can only cause issues if you use a static ip (DHCP off) that is a lower number than the number of devices that will autoconnect on a reboot. It is actually preferred to set DHCP on initially to gather the correct settings, Then turn DHCP off, Then set the last octet of the ip address to a large number that's easy to remember (like 123, 111, 222, etc.) This ensures you will never have problems on a reboot with connectivity and allows you additional features like port forwarding if you choose to use them.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Ok thanks for the info!